This blog is run by me, Giulio Coraggio (here is my profile on DLA Piper website). I won the award of Digital Tech Lawyer of 2020 from Legal Community and Technology Lawyer of 2019 from Top Legal, and both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners have top-ranked my team and I in the technology media and telecom sector and on data protection and privacy for several years. Also, Onalytica lists me among the top worldwide influencers in the Internet of Things, and several legal directories listed me in the gaming and gambling sectors.
I am a technology, privacy, and gaming lawyer heading the Italian Intellectual Property & Technology department at the global law firm DLA Piper.
However, I define myself more as an out-of-the-box thinker and a business partner of my clients. My goal is to generate a value-added for my clients, identifying ways to better meet their business needs, ensuring at the same time legal compliance. I do this with passion and through a deep knowledge of my clients’ market, of their companies, and their dynamics.
I am qualified both in Italy and in England and Wales and I am also listed by Onalytica among the top global influencers in the Internet of Things and by the legal directories Chambers & Partners as an individual that “stands out for his dedication, knowledge, and expertise” and by Who’s Who Legal in the section Sports & Entertainment.
My practice focuses on assisting international clients on
- Technology and E-Commerce projects and, including Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, FinTech, sourcing and outsourcing projects, also in the banking, insurance and health sector and with reference to connected car, eHealth and smart city projects;
- Privacy and data protection regulatory and contractual issues, also with reference GDPR compliance projects in among others the banking, insurance, media, and publishing sectors;
- Gambling and gaming (including social gaming, video gaming and eSports) matters both in the online and brick and mortar sector;
- Commercial, including franchising and distribution agreements, also in relation to the fashion, retail and automotive sectors; and
- Advertising and unfair commercial practices contentious and non-contentious issues, including influencer marketing.
You can know more about me on LinkedIn and on DLA Piper website.
I hope you’ll enjoy this blog,