Thanks for visiting my blog!
This blog is run by me, Giulio Coraggio (here is my profile on DLA Piper website). I am a technology, privacy and gaming lawyer, but I am more an out-of-the-box thinker and a business partner of my clients. My goal is to generate a value added for my clients, identifying ways to better meet their business needs, ensuring at the same time legal compliance. I do this with passion and through a deep knowledge of my clients’ market, of their companies and their dynamics.I am qualified both in Italy and in England and Wales and work as a partner at the international law firm DLA Piper where I co-chair the Internet of Things global group, head the Italian Technology sector and the online and land-based Gambling practice cited by Legal500. I am also listed by Onalytica among the top global influencers in the Internet of Things and by the legal directories Chambers & Partners as an individual that “stands out for his dedication, knowledge and expertise” and by Who’s Who Legal in the section Sports & Entertainment.
My practice focuses on assisting international clients on
- Technology and E-Commerce projects and, including Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, FinTech, sourcing and outsourcing projects, also in the banking, insurance and health sector and with reference to connected car, eHealth and smart city projects;
- Privacy and data protection regulatory and contractual issues, also with reference GDPR compliance projects in among others the banking, insurance, media and publishing sectors;
- Gambling and gaming (including social gaming and eSports) matters both in the online and brick and mortar sector;
- Commercial, including franchising and distribution agreements, also in relation to the fashion, retail and automotive sectors; and
- Advertising and unfair commercial practices contentious and non contentious issues, including influencer marketing.
And, as you can see from my LinkedIn recommendations, clients seem to like the way I advise them (or at least they say so).
Also, on this blog you can appreciate the Visions of my colleagues
- Tommaso Ricci, our tech guru and inventor, who covers in his LawBytes recent changes in the technology, telecom and media sectors;
- Vincenzo Giuffrè, our soccer superstar and gaming enthusiast, who addresses in his GamingLawPills news and thoughts on gaming and gambling related topics; and
- Tommaso Fia, our musician and philosopher, who discusses in his iConsumer of consumer law, including obviously music law.
We really like to share our opinions and knowledge with main actors in my field of operation and we hope that you will enjoy the blog, here are my contact details and at the links below you can follow me on social media.